Friday, October 27, 2006

my sister...


my sister the welder
Originally uploaded by mamazilla1972.

who made butt prints with me on the concrete in the shower...

who played hide and go seek in the hanging laundry with me...

who can make anyone laugh... except when you find out she named her dog after you...

who swam out to a rock in the middle of the ocean because she was afraid of the dragonflies on the beach...

who stalked mom with a hermit crab from aforementioned beach...

who can steal all of your friends away from you, but in a good way...

who sat thru a painful double feature of blind date and hoosiers with me in an unairconditioned manila movie theatre....

who has been known to cry for hours about wanting to do something but when faced with the prospect of doing it will cry about not wanting to do it...

who goes for the welder mask when all other brides to be go for tulle....

i can't believe you actually conned someone into marrying you. ;p

between my older sister giving birth to my newest niece and my younger sister getting married, a trip to the philippines is probably in my future... no need to consult my magic 8 ball i guess...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

barb - we're very close and yet we barely ever lived together. my papa and my mom were separated (by an ocean, not by papers until later...) soon after she was born ('74) and so we visited them every other year or so. between those times we all wrote letters to each other. i have a lifetime of letters from my sisters and a whole lotta emails now... i'm so excited for the both of them and really excited to see them and papa soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails