Tuesday, July 17, 2007

oh how the mighty have fallen....

yesterday, i thought that i (like most women) had a pretty high threshold for pain:

* i went thru numerous surgeries from birth to about 5 years old to "cleave" my cystic hygroma from my neck.

* i got malaria.

* i menstruate.

* i've been waxed.

* i got tattooed in a store front window in broad daylight while reading antique car trader. yes, i was sober.

* i had to pack and re-pack a wound every day for a few weeks. it opened after i had surgery to remove a fibroadenoma from my right boobie.

* i went thru pregnancy, labor, delivery and breastfeeding. twice.

and today? today, i had to pop two advil for a 2mm canker sore that's planted itself on the base of my lower gum.

JAYSUS! DOES IT HURT LIKE A MOFO!

and i mean hurt like a swift kick to the privates, or using sandpaper for tp, or hacking off an appendage and pouring lemon juice on it.... OWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

5 comments:

MJ Tam said...

lol...this is so funny!

Irene said...

Ouch! My gums just bleed for you.

bokumbop said...

Owee-zowee!! You have known pain. You'll slap me for even suggesting this, but rinsing out with salt water gets cankers to heal more quickly. I have no idea how it works, but it always has for me. Although one of my sisters insists that eating kalbi does the trick, a more delicious prescription!

samokdaddy said...

That seals it...I am officially a "wus", a "weenie", or "all around girlie man." All of the things you mentioned, with the exception of the tattoo-I have one of those, would do me in. You do just fine in the pain department Mama Z.

Unknown said...

sugarmama - thank you! thank you! i'm here every night! try the veal! don't forget to tip your waitress!

irene - ooo. that reminds me i SERIOUSLY have to make a dentist appointment.

bokumbop - my mom says the same thing (about the salt water). i'll try the kalbi though! i have a cold so i'm gargling and neti potting anyway, but the canker store is not shrinking. :(

samokdaddy - it could be worse, the thin man faints away at the sight of a pinhead sized drop of blood.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails