Friday, February 10, 2006

update: 2 months



according to my copy of "what to expect the first year", b'zilla should able to:

1) smile in response to my smile - CHECK. too bad the little tyke doesn't realize that at 2:30 a.m. when i'm cradling him in a corner, rocking slowly back and forth, that i'm smiling on the outside and secretly planning my escape to fiji or the closest padded cell on the inside.

2) follow an object in a arc about 6 inches above the face to the midline (straight ahead) - CHECK. good thing my nips & boobs look like bullseyes/targets.

3) respond to a bell in some way, such as startling, crying, quieting (by 1.5 mos) - CHECK. see, popzilla! i knew the christmas decorations would come in handy in february. NOW, we can put them away.

hold up. let me check the 3 month milestone list before we do that....

4) vocalizing in ways other than crying (e.g. cooing) - CHECK. wait. farting and belching fall under vocalizing right?

i'll spare you (and me) the lists of "will PROBABLY be able to" or may EVEN be able to"... my fragile mommy ego can only take so much...

k'zilla just told me, "i want a new mommy."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Started reading Our Ecstatic Days by Steve Erickson. The first few chapters are pretty intense.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails