Wednesday, January 02, 2013

eye habs eh code en by nodse....


besides my laptop screen, this is my view today...

my short & stout teapot (brand new in box, that i scored at the thrift store for a couple of bones), ginger and peach tea w/ lemon & honey, and my fave (it's seen better days) mug that i bought during a visit to the Cabazon Dinosaurs. clearly, they need to find a new source for mugs and i need to get a new one...

looking back, as a child, i was rarely ill. i wasn't the kid who got the award for perfect attendance, but it was really rare.  my pediatrician used to joke that because i was hospitalized for extended periods and pumped full of medicines, i would be fine....  "chicken pox? probably clear up in a day." "dog bite?   is the dog ok?"

and for most of my adulthood, my health luck held up...  then, i had the paloma.....

i guess i should be mildly comforted that "it's normal" for "things" to go "wackadoodle" after the birth of a first child... "Eczema?  Are you a new mom?"  "Allergies that you never had before? Are you a new mom?"  "Acne breakouts that you also never had before? Are you a new mom?"  >_<

and now that i'm 40, i'll be sure to break out into song with each and every new health related surprise!!!

Can you just see me at my first mammogram:


no. let's not go there...

ennyhoo... i read somewhere on teh interwebs that:

* drinking a cup of warm water with half a lemon everyday really helps to boost immunity...

* drinking spearmint tea helps to alleviate acne...

*  ingesting local honey will proactively desensitive an allergy sufferer from airborne allergens in the spring...

so, i actually started doing these things a few months ago....  this cold is maybe the second (full spectrum) cold, i've come down with since the kids started biowarfare school this year. usually i catch colds at least once a month and i've noticed my symptoms are mild and don't last long...  hopefully, i will see changes in my allergies this spring and the acne before the paloma goes to high school - and then we'll both have spearmint teas....

ok now, is when you pat my blog on the back and tell me how proud you are of me....  >:)

yeaaaaaah.....  thanks for helping to clear my lungs...   stay healthy, dear friend...  :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails