Monday, February 27, 2012

tessa's braided scarf



i made another scarf for my dear friend, tessa. however this one was made with a woven fabric instead of a knit jersey so i made a few changes re: the sizing and construction...

the tube is still the same size - 22" x 60"
*** please remember to sew the long side first!*** :) (i didn't!)

the size of the strips are as follows:

3 strips - 2" wide x 30" long

3 strips - 4" wide x 40" long

3 strips - 6" wide x 60" long

re: construction - because the strips didn't roll up i folded them right sides together and sewed... turned them inside out.... and then braided... they still braided to about the same width as the jersey braids... :)

i have to make two more braided knit scarves... i will post pics of them as soon as possible. thanks for stopping by and reading! hope you're having a productive monday! :)


Pin It

7 comments:

Amy @ Punk Princess Creations said...

Hi there! I'm a new follower from the blog hop. :-) (www.punkprincesscreations.blogspot.com)

geraly unite-o'day said...

amy - hi! thanks so much for taking time to visit! :)

Monica said...

Hi,
I am a new GFC follower. I found you on a grow your blog hop. I would love for you to stop by my site and return the favor and follow me back as well. If you are interested also check out our current giveaways. We have something for everyone right now.
Thanks a lot!
http://www.chunkyandmonkeymd.com

nada aw said...

Nice post dear
Good blog
I am following your blog with GFC
Now follow back my blog with GFC too
http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/

geraly unite-o'day said...

hi monica & nada aw! thanks for stopping by! i visited your blogs & am your newest follower as well! :)

Jen Brown said...

SO CUTE! xo

S.N.Hijaab said...

Hi,

Very nice blog. I am following it. Please follow mine.

http://thetechnoworldblog.blogspot.ca/
Thanks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails