Friday, April 13, 2012

finished projects & a thankful friday dance

december is usually my "no blogging humanly possible" month... between porkchop's birthday and the handful of december family birthday's and christmas, the inspiration and content to blog is there, the energy and time are not...

now it seems that march - my & paloma's birthday month & again, a handful of family members' birthday month - will be my spring "no blogging humanly possible" month...

to briefly recap march - i turned 40! :) paloma turned 9. i celebrated in san francisco by dancing my butt off (and hurting my back). paloma spent a day window shopping on magnificent mile and also got her & her american girl doll's ears' pierced. (finally... YAY!)

i had a wonderful time reconnecting with my dear friends - adopted family really - dancing, reminiscing, catching up and laughing.... waaaaaaay too much laughing... :)

and just like that... it was time to fly home... it's almost fitting that the first two songs that i heard in flight:





"Cause I got days and days of love...
And I don’t wanna have to rush
But 24/7 ain’t enough
Cause I got so much love...
I need another hour and a day
So I can love you 25/8, 25/8...."

so thankful and blessed to have a bounty of inspiring & supportive friends who remind me of how far i've come and how good life is despite its ups and downs... special thanks to mah homegurl, tessa, who came out to "wang chung" with me & helped me calm my ugly crying... ;)

i was keeping busy with some sewing... mostly alterations...



and i finished my friend virginie's gored flounce skirt:


more pics at david homes photography... here and here.

i actually made four different skirts so that she could decide from a selection and could see the skirt made into different fabrics. she picked the black gabardine... :) i'm planning on a new post about the other three skirts later...

and am working on my friend suzanne's daughter's communion dress...



i also (finally) finished a new braided scarf for my friend, katie - who i cannot thank enough for being soooooo patient. :)



ennyhoo.... thank you for taking time to stop by & read... best wishes for a happy friday & relaxing weekend....

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails