Friday, June 24, 2011

friday dance - time is (l)over


zomg... i can't believe it's almost july... (!!) 2011 is half over... almost... and i'm a little anxious that i don't have much to show for it... :(

i often think of dylan thomas' poem "fern hill". i read it back in elementary school and even, then as a child, the following lines resonated with me:

"Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,
Time held me green and dying
Though I sang in my chains like the sea"

so many times this week, i've been reminded of events that happened just a year ago, and my perspective of the present is immediately shifted...

*heavysigh* i just really need to kick myself in the pants and get on with it... so much to do & experience - SO LITTLE TIME!!! :)

ennyhoo... speaking of kicking myself... my hip hop classes have been very rewarding... a couple of classes have been dedicated to body isolations... which for some reason i've had an affinity for ever since i was a wee one... clearly, all those days of dragging cardboard around with my "crew" (mind you i was in 3rd grade and literally, the "crew" part of "the crew"...)

i'm absolutely fascinated with tutting and finger tutting (see hok and moon)... neither of which i can do convincingly... :) jang woo hyuk on other hand (pun intended)... he and the animation crew are wonderful to watch: (ffwd to the 3:18 mark if you don't want to sit thru the entire video...)



more animation crew:



and because it makes me smile, genki sudo's world order:



happy friday!!!

http://www.smileycodes.info

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails