i've been tagged by my dear friend and fellow blogger, bertville, to list my idiosyncrasies.
yeah, i didn't know what the heck that really meant so i looked it up...
id·i·o·syn·cra·sy n. pl. id·i·o·syn·cra·sies
1. A structural or behavioral characteristic peculiar to an individual or group.
2. A physiological or temperamental peculiarity.
3. An unusual individual reaction to food or a drug.
hmm, that seems easy enough...
1) i look like i have a jellyfish (ok, a small, detentacled jellyfish) attached to my head due to my cystic hygroma (brace yourself for the images).
2) i perspire under my chin when salivating or eating due to frey's syndrome (which probably occurred because of the many surgeries i underwent as a child to "shrink" my cystic hygroma.
3) i don't drive because a) my right eye has a hypoplastic optic nerve. so, i have very bad eyesight/depth perception. b) i'm really uncomfortable with controlling heavy vehicles with lots of power. c) when i did drive, i didn't drive well.
4) i can't see 3D (again, i really only have one good eye.) movies with those ridiculous red and blue cellophaned cardboard glasses.
5) i start numerous creative projects and find myself struggling to complete them.
6) i always wash a sink full of dishes the same way - first plates & bowls, then glasses, then pots and pans, then silverware/utensils get done last.
7) i go out of my way to wear matching underwear - my bras have to match my undies (currently, i'm so lost right now re: undergarments and will be until i lose the pregger poundage).
8) i really don't like to wear white socks or flip flops in public.
9) i am a slave to superstitions.
10) i always have kleenex. my nose has a tendency to sneeze and run when i least expect it. the brownie in me takes over - i must always be prepared.
11) i can't stand long fingernails - if my fingernails are 1/16" long, i have to cut them (and only during the light of day.)
12) i prefer not to attend large events. i find that if i'm unable to converse with a person in depth, i end up just sitting somewhere, shutting down and waiting until the event is over or when i've attended the event for a socially acceptable time.
13) i can't read printed words in a car, but i can read a map and very well i might add.
14) i am the most gullible person you will ever know. seriously, dude.
ok, i think that's it.
so i tag , monkeysteez, veloworks and dallas island to name their idiosyncrasies.
...you really didn't know how freaky i was, did ya?! :) mwahahahahahaha!